JOB SUMMARY: An essential member of the Marketing Department, the Marketing Manager is responsible for several marketing and communications related functions including, but not limited to delivering marketing ideas, creating preconcert activities, and coordinating the publication process for the Mann Center for the Performing Arts. The ideal candidate will be motivated to work with all members of the Marketing team to assist in reaching earned revenue goals while managing expenses, managing projects, and ensuring company messaging is supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies.
This position is an exempt position reporting directly to the Vice President of Audience Development and Integrated Marketing.
- Creates, edits, and optimizes marketing materials. Identifies and corrects errors in copy composition, spelling, grammar, and formatting to ensure accuracy.
- Assists with implementing, tracking, and placing opportunities identified in Mann Marketing Plans. Works with supervisor to track all media and promotions efforts including radio, print, and trade tracking.
- Coordinates and oversees publications, specifically the Mann’s concert programs from creation to distribution.
- Tracks marketing asset approvals and external partners, assisting the marketing department with internal approvals as necessary.
- Creates, plans, promotes, and executes all logistics for pre-show events and promotions including site inspection, communication of on-site needs to venue staff, thematic consistency, and innovation.
- Coordinates and oversees hiring and work flow for the Marketing Department’s interns.
- Provides administrative and scheduling support to Vice President of Audience Development and Integrated Marketing.
- Project manages the Access the Arts Program implementation including artwork, distribution, and tracking process.
- Attends concerts and Mann events to fulfill marketing and digital marketing, promotions, and press responsibilities, as needed during the Mann’s season.
- Compiles payment proofs, ad samples, and other support materials into show settlements, ensuring each is delivered no later than the day of the respective show.
- Processes and files invoices for the department, as well as reconciling the department credit card monthly.
- Serves as a back-up to the Digital Marketing Manager and Customer Experience & Data Specialist.
- Other duties are assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related discipline preferred.
- (3-7) years’ prior experience in a marketing-related role or equivalent combination of educational training and experience.
- Creative thinker.
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills.
- Experience using ticketing, database, and/or drag-and-drop email software. Proficiency a plus.
- Ability to prioritize projects effectively, take initiative, demonstrate resourcefulness and respond flexibly to changing work demands. Strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional presence and exhibit outstanding interpersonal and communication skills consistently and effectively.
- Experience coordinating on-site activations and tabling events a plus.
- Ability to interact positively with others in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide transportation to the office and venue as needed.
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week, including nights and weekends during the Mann’s season.
- Professional experience with the development of corporate marketing materials, presentations, press releases, social media, and web content preferred.
- Ability to provide samples of prior work, demonstrating writing skills and project management experience.
- Knowledge of performing arts a plus.
Graphic Design Internship
(START DATE MARCH 2020) JOB SUMMARY: The Mann Center for the Performing Arts is seeking an outgoing, motivated and detail-oriented person for a Spring Graphic Design internship opportunity within the Mann’s Marketing Department. This position requires an understanding of visual arts concepts. This role will assist in the development of the Mann's digital presence across multiple channels and requires a strong understanding of marketing concepts and excellent communication and organizational skills. This internship will report to the Marketing Department and provide additional administrative support as needed.
- Responsible for assisting full-time Graphic Specialist with designing organizational signage, brochures, flyers, posters, invitations, newsletters, print publications, digital elements, advertising, and branding pieces for the Mann.
- Attention to detail, strong project management skills, and a keen eye for proofreading.
- Video content creation and editing for digital screens at the Mann, the Mann’s website, and social channels a plus.
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring high standards of consistency.
- Ability to capture video content, edit video content, set-up and breakdown of equipment such as lights, tripods, etc. a plus.
- Imports footage and correctly update databases and shared asset drives for the Marketing Department a plus.
- Estimates project timelines and produce content in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Assists marketing responsibilities at concerts and events at the Mann and other locations within the Greater Philadelphia area that often occur during nights and weekends.
- Provides administrative support and carry out other marketing projects as needed.
- Proven understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and Word; familiarity with Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to take direction well and adapt content according to desired branding and messaging.
- Able to provide your own professional video camera and equipment a plus.
- Video and photo editing experience a plus.
- Ability to work professionally with highly confidential information.
- Ability to commit to approximately 35-40 hours per week, including nights and weekends (not to exceed 40 hours from Sunday through Saturday)
- Reliable transportation to and from the Mann's administrative offices in Center City Philadelphia and the Mann venue (located separately in Fairmount Park).
- Willingness to travel on occasion to off-site locations within the Greater Philadelphia area.
- Communicative and highly organized.
- Interest in non-profit sector and performing arts a plus.
TO APPLY: Candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and a portfolio demonstrating your experience in graphic design to the Graphic Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Graphic Design Internship Application." No phone calls, please.
The Mann Center for the Performing Arts is a non-profit organization, located in Philadelphia's beautiful Fairmount Park, continues its rich tradition as the greater Philadelphia region's premier outdoor cultural arts center. The Mann's executive offices are located on the Avenue of the Arts in Center City, Philadelphia.
It is the policy of the Mann Center for the Performing Arts to provide equal employment in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or discriminatory harassment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.