Director of Individual Giving and Membership
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Individual Giving and Membership manages all aspects of the Mann’s major, annual, and membership giving programs in order to meet budget goals. In working with the Executive Vice President, the Director provides strategic support to all fundraising efforts for major donors and manages all annual giving from individual donors and prospects.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, plan, and execute solicitations calendar to achieve department individual giving budget goal;
- Create strategic goals and initiatives to ensure a significant base of unrestricted annual membership support to successfully meet annual fund projections;
- Develop and manage the portfolio of high-level prospects capable of making gifts of $5,000+ to the institution;
- Manage all membership solicitations including face-to-face visits, direct mail, email, digital, and other communications platforms;
- Assist the Executive Vice President on campaign management: update and manage pipeline reports, maintain cabinet meeting notes, assist in production of campaign materials;
- Provide a “pipeline” of major donor prospects to President and CEO, and Executive Vice President for the current capital campaign;
- Provide support for the fundraising efforts of the Executive Vice President, with particular attention to the Mann’s ongoing capital campaign;
- Work with the Vice President of Business Development on cultivation and solicitation of multi-channel donors;
- Attend lunches, dinners, or other events in order to develop and strengthen relationships;
- Conduct research on individuals, foundations, and other organizations for use in cultivation and solicitation;
- Identify prospective new donors through ticket-buyer lists, networking, and special events;
- Prepare requests, proposals, and reports for major donor prospects;
- Preserve and expand current membership base of support, with specific emphasis on donors at $1,000+;
- Develop and coordinate membership and annual fund cultivation and stewardship for events.
- Provide an engaging donor/member experience at the highest level;
- Attend and be a visible presence at Mann concerts, donor events, receptions, and special events such as the annual golf tournament and annual gala;
- Manage and oversee membership staff.
- Working together with the Manager of Special Events, plan a prospect cultivation event and a major donor recognition event annually;
- Provide meeting support materials as requested by the Executive VP;
- In collaboration with the Executive VP, develop a strategy and supporting materials for a new planned giving program. Strategies may include, but not be limited to: the development of a new brochure, newsletter, website content, social media, and events;
- Identify, cultivate, and when appropriate, solicit planned gifts;
- Develop and design special materials, email blasts, and other correspondence targeted, as appropriate, to major gift prospects and donors;
- Work closely with the Manager of Development Operations on tracking and reporting gifts, database management, and overseeing support staff;
- Provide forecasted budget revenue and expenses related to the individual giving program;
- Participate in Development meetings and as a key member of the department.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in fundraising, customer service, or marketing, preferably in the performing arts;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team;
- Ability to follow instructions, prioritize duties, and multitask;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals;
- Customer service mindset – willing to go above and beyond for our members;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent telephone, writing, and personal communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Experience with Archtics, Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database software;
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume to Nancy Newman, Executive Vice President at email@example.com with “Director of Individual Giving and Membership” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Hiring is contingent on the completion of a background check.
The Mann is an at-will employer. It is the policy of the Mann to provide equal employment in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or discriminatory harassment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.