Launched in January 2019, Children’s Scholarship Fund Philadelphia (CSFP), in partnership with the Mann Center, will provide an opportunity for a select number of students to experience a more in-depth view of the Mann Center’s music education offerings through the inaugural Mann Center Fellowship Program. CSFP is a privately funded organization whose mission is to provide children from low-income Philadelphia families with financial access to quality, safe, K-8th grade, tuition-based schools, thereby increasing their long-term economic and social success. CSFP awards need-based scholarships to those children by way of random lottery and currently serves more than 5,000 children enrolled at over 170 private and parochial schools.
CSFP students completed an application process that included a written essay or video submission on why they love the arts. 35 students were selected to receive the below benefits.
- 4 tickets to 2 select Mann Center shows from the Mann Presents mainstage series.
- An opportunity to attend a Mann Center Master Class.
- A special invitation for families of Fellowship students to attend the Mann Center’s annual Black History Month event, a celebration that includes performances, food, and a chance to meet the evening’s guest honorees.
- An opportunity to attend one or more of the Mann’s Young People’s Concert Series (YPCS) events. YPCS events are culturally diverse performing arts programs that are accessible to students in grades K - 12 and families in an informal concert atmosphere. YPCS events feature multicultural performances by internationally acclaimed emerging and regional young artists and are held at the Mann's pavilion. All YPCS performances are 75 minutes.
- As part of the 2019 YPCS series, students of Upper Darby High School will perform the musical Hairspray on Thursday, May 23rd, presented in partnership with The Upper Darby Performing Arts Center.
- An invitation to attend the Mann Center’s Greenfield Treasures workshops.
- Greenfield Treasures Performance Series workshops are 60-minute, participatory workshops designed to deepen the connection of student audience members of the Mann’s Young People’s Concert Series and the performing arts. Greenfield Treasures Performance Series workshops are held from July through August on the Mann Center campus.
- An exclusive opportunity to tour the Mann Center, allowing students to learn what goes on backstage, out in the house, and around the full campus.
- Invitations to all family and student events throughout the year, providing a complete and in-depth Fellowship experience.